20/07/2014

Illamasqua Matte Lip Liquid - Surrender


I have always been a fan of the Stila Liquid Lipsticks so when Illamasqua bought out their new Matte Effect for Summer range I just had to snap one of the lip liquids up. I ended up settling on the shade of Surrender which is a real pale peachy tone, so fits just perfectly in my *cough* broad colour range that I like to use. 
 
On applying this to my lips I did find it quite sheer/opaque on the first layer so I had to build up a couple of layers to get the full effect of the colour. It dries almost immediately after application but is quite messy and tends to run out of your natural lip line so applying a lip liner would be a very good idea to try and avoid this. I really love the colour of this product but unfortunately the product is just too drying for my lips, after a while I noticed cracks starting to appear on my lips in the natural lines so I had to keep reapplying which just seemed to make the problem even worse. I found it really stained my lips as well which some of you may like however I didn’t, it takes absolutely forever to remove the product from your lips at night time when removing your makeup. 
 
For £18.50 I expected a little more from this product but I think I will be sticking to my old faithful Stila Liquid Lipsticks from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment