23/07/2014

Silk & Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask

Recently I received this Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask within a Birchbox, I'd never actually heard of this brand of products before so was very intrigued when I looked into it. Silk + Honey is a brand that was created by a Chicago born lady who now lives in London. The brand is very focussed on the environment and uses all natural ingredients plus all the packaging is recyclable. 

Honestly it is gonna take a lot to prise my fingers away from my beloved Aussie 3 Minute Miracle treatments but I used this product with an open mind and really loved it. It left my hair feeling incredibly soft and shiny, it is quite light in it's consistency so doesn't leave your hair feeling full of product or heavy. The smell of this product is just divine, anything shea buttery is just always a winner in my book. 

To apply: I would wash and rinse my hair with my usual shampoo and then apply this hair mask and leave for around 10 minutes or so to soak in and do it's thing. 

You can purchase this product off the Birchbox website for £55.00 and it comes in a kit for you to make yourself, the recipe makes 1 x 200g pot. Honestly though I don't think I would purchase this product for that price purely because Aussie 3 Minute Miracle does just as good a job if not better for a fraction of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment