18/08/2014

Liebster Awards

Hi ladies, so I have been lucky enough to be nominated for 5 Liebster Awards in total over the past couple of months! I am so very honoured that you lovely ladies have taken the time to read through my blog and follow me and then nominate me.

Over the past month or so I have been nominated four times all quite closely together so I thought instead of doing four different posts I will combine them all together. I will answer all questions from all four lovely bloggers that have nominated me but will just do one set of questions and one set of facts about myself. This will probably be quite a large/long post so I apologise but I just thought it would be the best way to do this.
 
So the lovely ladies that have nominated me are:

Aimee-Jade from Bella La Moda
Becky from Bexmorts
Jess from Jess McGuire
 
So what is a Liebster Award I hear you ask, well I'll tell you. It's an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers to welcome them into the blogging community. I am so thrilled and honoured to be nominated for this award, sometimes it feels like there are so many bloggers out there why would anyone want to read my blog but it is so lovely to be recognised.
 
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Write 11 facts about yourself
3. Answers the questions provided by the person who nominated you 
4. Nominate other bloggers with under 200 followers to receive the award
5. Ask 11 questions for your nominees to answer

Facts about me:
- I am 23 years old  
- Starbucks is my all time favourite coffee shop
- I have a dog called Minnie
- I work as an Events Coordinator
- I too have watched every episode of Friends and find myself quoting it throughout the day. I just love how you can apply everything that's ever happened in life to an episode of Friends
- Shortbread is my kryptonite
- I can't say no, I have been known to sign up for sky television, aa breakdown cover, credit cards, home insurance (I don't even own my own home yet!) and much more when walking through shopping centres because I feel so bad and guilty saying no to someone
- I cannot function until I have had at least two cups of tea in the morning and it has to be PG Tips
- I have different cups for different moods, I swear tea tastes different in certain mugs and cups
- I have been with my boyfriend Nick for 7 whole years
- New York is my favourite city in the world!
 
Aimee-Jade's questions:
 
1. Which bloggers are you inspired by and why?
I am inspired by many different bloggers, I enjoy blogs which are a little bit different and often have a mix of things so not just beauty or not just fashion. My current favourites are Litte Law Blog - http://www.littlelaw.co.uk/ I love how Keira includes a vast range of different posts on her blog and I always find them so interesting. Belles Boutique - http://belles-boutique.blogspot.co.uk/ I really enjoyed following her pregnancy updates and now seeing beautiful Harrison in all her pictures on Twitter and Instagram.
2. What was your drive for starting your blog?
I had always enjoyed reading other peoples blogs and around New Years I just thought what the hell and I have loved it ever since. 
3. What do you most love about blogging?
Getting to know other bloggers and the supportive network that you always have. 
4. What’s your favourite type of sport?
Sport? I don't know the meaning of the word. I don't do sport or exercise lol shopping is my kind of sport. 
5. Your favourite place you’ve travelled to?
This has got to be New York, it's just fabulous. 
6. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I have a little dog called Minnie so I am often just found spending time with her and my boyfriend Nick, at the weekends we like to go on nice long walks or take her to seaside. 
7. What’s your worst fear?
Water, I am terrified of water. When I was a little girl I went for a swimming lesson and the swimming teacher literally just chucked me into the pool and I couldn't swim so just sank to the bottom. They had to scoop me out with one of those big nets and I have been traumatised ever since. Even getting into a bath is a big deal for me and I hate getting water on my face so washing my face in the morning and before bed is always great fun. 
8. What goals would you like to have achieved in a year’s time?
Hopefully I would like to have either purchased my own home with Nick or be in the process of looking for somewhere. To be completely honest that is my only goal, I am a big believer in that if you have too many goals you won't achieve any of them. 
9. What’s your dream career?
Wedding planner, I am an Events Coordinator at the moment so I'm not too far off but I absolutely adore anything to do with Weddings and to be a part of that couples big day would be such an honour. 
10. Favourite health fitness tip?
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, I absolutely love fruit so I always try to have my five a day. 
11. What’s your favourite app?
I really enjoy health and fitness apps such as My Fitness Pal, I like to keep a food diary of what I eat and the exercise I do which is very minimal! 
 
Becky's questions:

1, How did you come up with your Blog name?
Honestly, I don't even know. I was thinking along the lines of Dreaming of all things Pretty but I thought that was too wordy so Dreaming Pretty was born. 
2,Why did you start a Blog
I really enjoy reading other blogs and loved the idea of having my own little corner within the vast space of the internet to voice and share my opinions with other people. 
3, What is your favourite meal?
Oooh, this is toughy as I am such a foodie. I don't really tend to eat red meat and I don't eat a lot of pork so I normally just stick with chicken and fish. My favourite would probably be something like fajitas with lots of nibbly bits like nachos, salad, sweet potato wedges etc. I love making a big thing of meal times and really enjoy meals where you just put a big pot of something in the middle of the table and the whole family can help themselves. 
4, Your favourite music band/singer?
Hmm, honestly I don't have a favourite band/singer. I tend to just hear a song and if I like it then I like it regardless of the band/singer. At the moment I am really loving nice chilled out music so I'm really enjoying Passengers new album along with Jason Mraz, Sam Smith and Ben Howard. 
5, Which famous person would you like most to meet?
This depends if I'm allowed to meet a dead famous person, if I can then I would love to meet Sir Winston Churchill. I just find him so inspiring. If I'm not allowed to meet a dead famous person then it would probably have to be someone like Olivia Palermo, I would love to get some style and fashion tips of her. 
6, Describe what the perfect day would be for you?
A perfect day for me would be spending time with my boyfriend Nick and my dog Minnie on a nice walk somewhere in the middle of nowhere just us three. 
7, Your favourite clothes shop?
I don't particularly have a favourite clothes shop but I do really love ZARA and H&M. 
8, What blogs do you like to read about?
I really enjoy lifestyle blogs, reading about where people have gone on holiday or the cookies they baked last night that look amazing. I also really enjoy blogs for home inspiration. 
9, Your favourite past time?
Reading other blogs and writing posts/taking photos for my own. I just find it so relaxing and enjoyable. 
10, What is your favourite post so far?
I enjoy doing posts such as what's in my makeup bag or skincare routine as I just think it mixes things up a little rather than just doing posts about one single product. 
11, Your favourite memory as a child?
My Nan and Grandad used to have a caravan in Skegness and whilst yes Skegness is not the most glamorous of holiday destinations I used to love going. 
 
Jess's questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I really enjoy reading other blogs and loved the idea of having my own little corner within the vast space of the internet to voice and share my opinions with other people. 
2. Who is your biggest inspiration? 
My biggest inspiration in life is probably my Dad, he has always worked throughout his whole live since the age of 16. He started off working at the local cheese factory and has worked his way up through his career over the 30-40 off years and is now extremely well known throughout industry and has been successful at whatever he does. He married my mum at around 20 years old and had both me and my sister very young and he is the best dad a girl could wish for, don't get me wrong I also love my mum very much but I have always been a Daddys' girl. He is just my absolute rock. 
3. What is your favourite meal?
Oooh, this is toughy as I am such a foodie. I don't really tend to eat red meat and I don't eat a lot of pork so I normally just stick with chicken and fish. My favourite would probably be something like fajitas with lots of nibbly bits like nachos, salad, sweet potato wedges etc. I love making a big thing of meal times and really enjoy meals where you just put a big pot of something in the middle of the table and the whole family can help themselves.
4. What is your favourite beauty product?
Clarins Extra Comfort Anti Pollution Cleansing Cream, it is my holy grail. 
5. Favourite TV Show?
I absolutely love Friends, I can quote near enough every line out of every episode. I'm still heartbroken it's finished. 
6. Do you have any pets?
Yes I have a dog called Minnie, she is just the love of my life and I can't imagine my life without her. She is just a ball of fluff and has so much character, everyone that meets her just instantly fall in love. 
7. Favourite colour?
I really don't have a favourite colour but my colour palette tends to be lots of nudes and neutrals. 
8. Do you have a favourite quote?
I don't particularly have a favourite quote, I prefer more inspiring speeches such as Winston Churchill - "we will fight them on the beaches..." or Martin Luther King - "I have a dream..."
9. Where's the best place you have ever been?
New York hands down.
10. Do you have a bucket list?
I don't have an actual written down bucket list but I have ideas in my head of things I would love to do before I die. 
11. Favourite band?
Hmm, honestly I don't have a favourite band/singer. I tend to just hear a song and if I like it then I like it regardless of the band/singer. At the moment I am really loving nice chilled out music so I'm really enjoying Passengers new album along with Jason Mraz, Sam Smith and Ben Howard. 
 

Becki's questions:

1. Which product in your make-up collection has achieved holy grail status?
It's not particularly make-up but my holy grail product is Clarins Extra Comfort Anti Pollution Cleansing Cream.
2. Fashion or Beauty?
Beauty, easy. 
3.  What high street shop is your favourite?
I don't particularly have a favourite high street shop but I do really love ZARA and H&M. 
4. What is one trend you will never understand?
Nice pretty dresses with running trainers, what is that about?
5. What are your goals for the remainder of 2014?
Save, save and more saving. My boyfriend and I are really wanting to get a place of our own now so we just need to save up for a deposit. 
6. Fruity or floral scents?
Floral, I love rose scented products.
7. What is your favourite movie?
Oh god, this is hard. This sounds ridiculous but it's Disney Pocahontas, the more I watch Disney films the more I think they are just so far ahead of their times and lets face it they are just classics. 
8. Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter. 
9. What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
Getting to know other bloggers and the supportive network that you always have. 
10. Who is your ultimate style icon?
Olivia Palermo, I just think she is so effortlessly stylish and she never has a strand of hair out of place. 
11. Where in the world do you really want to visit? 
I would love to visit Bali. 

My Questions:
- What made you create your blog?
- What camera do you use for your blog and why?
- Your ultimate life role model?
- Your makeup bag staple?
- Name five people, dead or alive, that you would invite to a dinner party and why?
- Three words to describe your blog?
- Your signature scent?
- Your favourite film?
- Your favourite season and why?
- Where you hope you will be in five years time?
-Your favourite blogs and why?

My nominations:
- Charlotte from CharsHaus Blog
- Rachel from Joy& Blog  
- Louise from The Beauty Vine Blog  
- Kiera from Little Law Blog 

Again, I apologise for the massive blog post but I wanted to make sure I included all the nominations I have received and I didn't want to miss anything out.

Thanks again ladies for the wonderful nominations, I feel truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment