22/08/2014

The Work Wear Edit

The Work Wear Edition
I know what you're thinking, boring right? Yeah I know, I'll be the first to admit my work wardrobe is pretty dull and boring but this is what I feel comfortable and professional in and my mum has always said as long as your feel good you will look good. Having worked in an office environment for 5 or so years I have finally come to realise that less is more.

I have always thought the key to a great work wardrobe is having just a small number of classic pieces which can be mixed and matched. All you need is a pencil skirt, pencil dress, a pair of black tailored trousers and just 3 or 4 shirts or blouses. A cream cardigan is always great to soften down a really corporate look or a nice knit to wear over a collared shirt. A good bag is a must, I personally love the ZARA city bag which has a number of different compartments and is perfect for any after work drinks as it still looks stylish enough for a nice cocktail or wine bar. A good pair of black patent courts will go with anything, I like around a 4-5 inch heel for work as it just gives me that height to feel more confident and comfortable and plus I actually find this height heel easier to walk in than tiny little kitten heels.

Of course, every girl needs a trench. Burberry will always be my all time dream but sadly I will probably never be able to afford one so for the time being my go to shops are ZARA, Marks & Spencer and French Connection. They have some really affordable yet great quality trenches. And of course, I always finish any look off with a simple yet stylish watch.

What do you wear for the office? Have you any ideas for me to brighten up my work wardrobe?

2 comments:

  1. I'm forever looking at chic workwear that doesn't break the bank. Great post! x
    http://katiesdressingroom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, oh god tell me about it! You can quite easily spend a fortune on work clothes as well which is why I think it's best to just have a couple of classic pieces. xx

      Delete