07/11/2014

Bumble & Bumble Pret-a-Powder

I absolutely love dry shampoo, I swear by the stuff. I don't really like washing my hair every day as it gets really dry so I use dry shampoo on the in between days. Bumble & Bumble are one of my favourite hair care brands out there but the price tag is often quite pricey so I have to spread my purchases out over a few months.

My hair type is super complicated, the hair strands themselves are really fine but I have lots of strands giving the illusion of thick hair. But because I have so much hair it is really heavy resulting in my roots often getting really flat and lifeless because the heavy ends just pull the hair down. Having a dry shampoo that injects some volume is an absolute bonus for me, prior to using Pret-a-Powder I was using Batiste Dry Shampoo and well it was fine for the price tag but it never really did a lot other than help with oily roots and it always left a really talcy smell. It also made your hair feel really tacky whereas this Bumble & Bumble beauty is the complete opposite.

It claims to be a dry shampoo, style extender and volumiser all in one. Now that is one hell of a dry shampoo. The powder is super finely milled and doesn't feel sticky or tacky at all, I find with most volume powders that they get really tacky in your hair but with this powder there is none of this. It works into your hair really well and massages into your roots effortlessly, it's so weightless and doesn't weigh the hair down at all. As a dry shampoo, honestly, it isn't the greatest but it does the job and there's no need to brush out as it just completely massages into the roots/scalp so no tell tale white marks or grey spots.

Overall I absolutely love this powder, the smell is lovely and not talcy at all. It is a great texturiser and volume booster without the tacky stickiness that you get with most volume boosters. The only negative I would have is the actual bottle as it is almost like a salt shaker with one tiny hole in the top of the bottle. This isn't the most practical of designs but I can overlook this for the quality of product you get.

Have you tried this Bumble & Bumble powder? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. this sounds like a really good product. I love hair powders, they add so much volume and life to your hair. Definitely want to try this one x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete