12/11/2014

My Top Red Lipsticks

I tend to wear red lipsticks more throughout Autumn and Winter but on the odd occasion I like to sport a red lip throughout Summer and Spring. For Summer and Spring I prefer more orange/red lipsticks whereas I wear more deeper matte reds for Winter and Autumn so with this in mind my all time favourites are below.

Barry M 151: This lipstick is quite drying so I tend to apply a lip balm first just to add a layer of moisture. This lipstick is more of a orange/red shade and is perfect for a day time look throughout Spring to add a pop of colour. 

MAC Lady Bug: This is a lovely lipstick with a nice sheen so makes it perfect for day time and it's not too bold. It stays put for hours and looks great for any occasion. 

Rimmel 660 - In Love With Ginger: This is another orange/red toned lipstick, my favourite coloured lipstick for Summer and Spring. It is a really creamy formula and gives a luscious sheen to the lips. This lipstick is meant to be a bright orange but for some reason comes out more orangey red onto lips but to be honest I actually prefer the colour it gives on my lips.

L'Oreal Color Riche 461: This lipstick is lovely and creamy and perfect for brunettes like myself. It is a really rich red so perfect for the upcoming party season. It stays put for majority of the day and doesn't tend to move outside the lip line which I often find with some red lipsticks. It has a lovely creamy sheen and looks uber glamorous for an evening out. A classic. 

Revlon 006 - Really Red: This is a matte lipstick so a little different to my usual creamy formulas with a nice sheen/gloss. I don't tend to wear many matte lipsticks as I find them too drying on my lips but this isn't really drying at all. It's a very rich classic red and will most probably be my choice for Christmas Day, it suits my skin tone just perfectly and it's staying power is pretty incredible so I know it will survive all the drinking and eating that will take place at Christmas. 

YSL 17 Rouge Volupte: Last but not least, how could I not include this YSL classic in my favourites. This lipstick for me is just the creme de la creme of red lipsticks. Not only is the lipstick beautiful but so is the packaging, it comes encased in a gold metal tube and looks so glamorous when pulled out of your clutch for touch ups. It has a lovely creamy formula and applies like a dream, with one swipe your lips are drenched in red goodness. It's perfect for all occasions and is just lovely. It does bleed ever so slightly so I just make sure I wear a lip liner along side. 

What are your favourite red lipsticks?

6 comments:

  1. I have Lady Bug on my wishlist :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Bug is lovely! Every lady needs this in her life xx

      Delete
  2. you can't beat a bold red lip at this time of the year! I really want to try lady bug too! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red lipsticks at this time of year, I just find them so festive. Lady Bug is lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I love a good red lipstick so this post was super helpful! I really want to try out the YSL one x

    My Beauty & Fashion blog:
    taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The YSL lipstick is lovely, it's really soft upon applying. Well worth the investment! xx

      Delete