27/11/2014

My Winter Beauty Essentials

Winter can be a really harsh season on your skin, hair and body so we need to make sure that we take good care of ourselves and keep our skins hydration levels topped up and moisturised. I absolutely love Winter, one of my favourite things about Winter is using rich and moisturising products so this is right up my street.

My skin is really quite dry and can get seriously dehydrated at times if I don't look after it properly so this LancĂ´me Hydra Intense Mask just completely saves me. I use this mask pretty much the whole year through but I just love it throughout the Winter months as it's just so hydrating. Using a face mask is imperative for me at least 2 times a week, if I forget to use the mask or I just simply can't be bothered to apply it one night I can really tell a difference and my skin gets that dehydrated then it takes weeks to correct.

I am starting to come to the conclusion that it's not just the skin on my face that's dry and dehydrated it's also the skin all over my body as well. My skin has been that dehydrated at the moment, I am just layering moisturiser on moisturiser and still my skin is not getting any better. But this Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Moisturiser has been a real life saver, it is super moisturising and it just smells incredible. With Winter starting to come into full force hands can get really dry from the cold weather and central heating, so it's really important to keep the skin on your hands moisturised, especially the skin on the back of your hands. This Philosophy Hands of Hope Moisturiser is super moisturising and doesn't feel greasy at all on your skin and is the perfect size to keep stored in your handbag for top ups throughout the day.

The Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil is an essential product at this time of year, I have just ran out of my full size bottle so have moved onto my sample size bottle which I received not so long ago. I apply this oil 2-3 times a week at night before bed, it's so moisturising and really helps to keep moisture and hydration levels topped up throughout the Winter months, I would highly recommend this oil to anyone looking to introduce a facial oil to their routine. Throughout Winter a good eye cream is a must and this Benefit It's Potent eye cream is one of the best I have ever tried. It's super moisturising and really helps to keep those dark circles at bay.

As previously mentioned on other posts lip balms play a major part in my daily beauty routine and throughout Winter they are even more important. Lips can get really chapped and dry throughout Winter with the cold weather and central heating so it's super important to keep them moisturised. This Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Balm is my current choice with it's repairing and moisturising elements it makes the perfect partner for your lips. I apply just before going to bed and lips are soft and smooth when waking in the morning.

Lastly, my hair saviour is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Treatment, they offer this treatment in a range of different options to target certain problems. I prefer the colour treatment to keep my locks looking the best they can throughout Winter, my hair gets a lot of split ends and gets really dry so using this treatment around 3 times a week keeps the moisture levels topped up and leaves my hair feeling silky soft with a glossy looking colour.

What are your Winter essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment