06/11/2014

Recent Disappointing Products

I have been thinking of doing a disappointing products post for a while and have really quite enjoyed doing this, so I think this is now going to be a regular occurrence.

Tresemme 24 hour body amplifying mousse: On previous posts I have mentioned about my hair type, really thin strands but lots of strands, heaving ends pulling down on the roots yada yada yada. So with this in mind, I pretty much always use a volumising mousse or spray on damp hair before blow drying to try and inject some volume. I find this mousse makes my hair feel full of product and heavy after blow dying and it also makes my hair go crispy and hard in some places. This mousse just doesn't give me the effect that I desire from a volumising mousse which is quite disappointing really as I really like Tresemme products but this just doesn't do anything for me. 

Lush Grease Lightning: I have heard so many rave reviews about this product but unfortunately it just didn't suit my skin type, it really dried out my skin and didn't seem to help with any spots or blemishes at all. 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir: I wrote a full review on this product not so long ago, it really did absolutely nothing for me. It dried my skin out and bought me out in this strange blemish rash thing. I had heard so many great things about this product but unfortunately it just didn't sit well for me. To be fair I do have quite sensitive skin and it can often be very temperamental with certain types of products so I don't think it's the actual product, it's just my silly skin. 

OGX Moroccan Argan Oil: I am a big lover of hair oils, they keep my locks looking super smooth, healthy and frizz free but this oil just did absolutely nothing for me. It made my hair look very greasy and it didn't seem to give any benefits such as shine, help with dry damaged hair etc. There isn't particularly anything wrong with this hair oil it just doesn't seem to do a hell of a lot and when compared with my beloved Garnier Hair Oil it doesn't even come close. 

Have you tried any of the above products? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. I tried Grease Lightning a few years back and it did absolutely nothing for me too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about trying Grease Lightning so I'm glad that you did this post! As great as it is to read about wonderful products, these kinds of posts are always helpful!

    taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete