18/01/2015

#3 Sunday Sounds - Morning Skincare Routine

Good morning all. I thought today I would bring you my morning skincare routine. 

I like to try and keep my morning skincare routine quite simple with as little products as possible as most days of the week I am applying a full face of makeup for work and I don't want all of my pores getting clogged up with product and then for my makeup to just sit on top of my face. Also my skin is really quite sensitive and dry and I find the more products I apply the more dry my skin gets bizarrely. 

So as already mentioned my morning skincare is pretty simple and minimalist, firstly I use the Elemis Rehydrating Rosepetal Cleanser. To apply this cleanser you just massage into your face and remove with damp cotton pads. No rinsing! I just love this cleanser, after going for an Elemis facial and having this cleanser used on my face I have never looked back. It has helped my skin so much and gives such a lovely glow to my skin. I can't praise this cleanser enough. 

Next up I use the Bobbi Brown Extra Bright Advanced Serum, I used to use the Elemis Visible Brilliance Serum which got discontinued! Sob! I had a very dramatic breakdown when they told me in Selfridges. It wasn't attractive. So I ventured over to the Bobbi counter to drown my sorrows in lipstick and saw this little beauty out of the corner of my eye. The price tag is a little hefty on this one but it is so totally worth it, Nick bless him offered to buy it me for my birthday. I actually think I now prefer this to my beloved Elemis Serum. It gives a lovely glow to the skin and feels moisturising on my dry skin offering a great base to apply moistuiser onto. 

After applying my serum I then go on to moisturise. I got this REN Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream as a sample from Bamboo Beauty in Bakewell quite a while ago and never thought to use it. But when my Clarins Hydraquench ran out I thought I would just give this a go and I must say it is absolutely incredible. It is super moisturising without feeling greasy and just lifts the skin to look healthy and glowy. 

Lastly I apply a dab of the Clinique Moisture Surge Refreshing Eye Gel under my eyes. This is lovely and refreshing and helps to de puff eyes and give a bright eyed and bushy tailed look. 

So there you have it my morning skincare routine, do you use any of these products? Also, I will be doing full reviews soon on the Elemis cleanser, Bobbi Brown serum and REN moisturiser so keep those peepers pealed. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh you have a wonderful morning skincare routine! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, it's taken years to perfect but I think I'm finally happy with it xx

      Delete