15/01/2015

The January Base

I'm just gonna come out and say it, I just don't like January. No one has any money to do anything, the weather is always horrid, nothing is ever happening...it's all just really somber and depressing. So after all the Christmas parties and heavy makeup a good base throughout January is a must, your skin will be crying out for moisture and hydration so be sure to keep to a good skincare routine and try to lighten up on the makeup for the month. Trust me your skin will thank you for it. 

Throughout January I try to keep my base quite light but I also want good coverage to hide all those nasties that come with wearing heavy makeup all throughout December so I thought I would bring you what I will be using this month. 

I've always liked the dewy finish to makeup so a good illuminating primer is key for this, Soap & Glory Hocus Focus is a lovely light liquid so doesn't feel heavy on your skin. A dewy finish always gives a lovely bright and healthy finish to the skin so this is great throughout January when all those late nights are starting to hit. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is a really light foundation that offers great coverage without feeling cakey. This will be my go to for giving that faux healthy glow over the next few weeks.

Concealer is your friend this month and the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer is a firm favourite of mine. It is has a lovely creamy texture and blends like a dream. If you apply too much it can go cakey so a little goes a long way with this one. And finally keep those dark circles at bay with Maybelline Eye Eraser this stuff is what dreams are made of. When applied to the under eye area it instantly lifts the face and hides those pesky dark circles, this is an absolute life saver. 

So they're the products I will be using throughout January to keep my base looking good and hiding all those late nights and early mornings from December. What are yours?

1 comment: