06/02/2015

Office Makeup Tips and Tricks

After working in an office environment for a number of years I have come to perfect my morning makeup routine for work. There a few rules that I try and stick to when it comes to makeup for the office, see below:

-Less is definitely more, keeping your makeup simple and chic, I think, creates a more professional and sleek look than caked on foundation with false eyelashes and tonnes of blusher. Personally I like to use a bb cream or tinted moisturiser for my base, Laura Mercier have a really lovely range with great coverage. Depending on the day and how I feel I will then apply either a blusher or bronzer, add a slick of mascara and fill in my brows. This is pretty much my look, natural but professional.

-It needs to stand the test of time, sitting in an air conditioned or centrally heated office really isn't great for your skin and makeup. Even though I am a serious fan of the dewy look, when it comes to work dewy can often turn into shiny and this really isn't a good look for client meetings etc so when it comes to work I go more for matte. This will prevent me from having to top up throughout the day and will last a lot longer on my oily prone t zone. I find the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder is great for mattifying for any shine and just to use for setting your base.

-Use makeup to enhance your features, if you feel confident this will show in your work and meetings. Use an illuminating powder to highlight your features such as Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Powder, this powder is very finely milled so you don't get any glitter or shimmer which is great for work but still works well at luminizing your face and giving that glow from within look.

I mostly just keep my work makeup in a makeup bag on my dressing table, this just makes my routine that little bit easier and faster in the morning as I'm not rummaging through my whole makeup collection for a certain product. I really tend to just use the same products and routine now for work so would love to hear any suggestions from any of you lovely ladies to try.
What makeup do you wear for work? Do you even wear makeup for work?

No comments:

Post a Comment