08/03/2015

#10 Sunday Sounds - Oat, Pecan and Choc Chip Cookies

So today I am throwing a surprise baby shower for Nicks sister in law, Toni. We're having a tea and cake type party so I was busy baking away in the kitchen yesterday and made these cookies. These cookies are my perfect cookies, I love oats, I love pecans and I love chocolate...and yes I will be scoffing these cookies all day. I may not even tell people I made them so I can keep them all to myself!

To make these cookies you will need:
-1 cup flour
-1 1/4 cups rolled oats
-1/2 tsp coarse salt
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-3/4 cup unsalted butter
-1 cup light brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-1 cup chopped & toasted pecans
-1 cup chocolate chips

How to make them:
-Mix the butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy. In a seperate bowl mix the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
-Add the vanilla extract and egg to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix until fully combined.
-Gradually add the flour mix and fold until combined.
-Add pecans and chocolate chips.
-Roll mixture into small balls and place on baking sheet and then bake until puffed and golden around the edges.

Tip: if the mix is a little too thick/dry then add a little milk to give a little moisture.

To find the recipe for these cookies you can click the link below:
Recipe

I'd love to know if you try this recipe and if you love the cookies as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment