21/03/2015

Priming Perfection

Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm a primerholic. I absolutely swear by primers, I cannot apply my makeup without applying a primer beforehand. I just genuinely believe that they make such a massive difference to your makeup and skin. There are so many different primers to use and choose from so you can easily get overwhelmed but don't be put off by that...embrace it! 

I personally prefer to use more highlighting primers as we all know what a fan I am of the dewy base look. I have a whole host of primers that I like to use and they all offer very different purposes and advantages but these two are my little dream team.

The Stila One Step Correct is aimed at colour correcting the skin. It contains three ribbons of colour correcting genius; green to neutralise redness, lavender/purple to reduce sallowness and peach to perk the skin pick and create a brighter complexion. It is lovely and light in texture so doesn't feel heavy on the skin and with it's brightening qualities it is perfect to use alongside an illuminating primer. My holy grail illuminating primer has got to be the Dior Glow Maximiser, it is super super illuminating and instantly gives the skin a healthy glow to it. What I love most about this primer is the versatility of it, I use it as a primer, mixed in with moisturiser, mixed in with foundation, as a highlighter on it's the own...the list is endless.

If you are new to primers and are wanting to try an illuminating one then honestly I would say try the Soap & Glory Hocus Focus first. Not only is it cheaper than Dior so if you aren't a fan of the finish you haven't wasted too much money but it is also a lot more subtle than the Dior version to ease you gently.

Do you wear a primer? Have you tried either of these products?

4 comments:

  1. I would love to try Stila's One Step Correct, I've heard such great things about it, love the idea that it colour corrects. Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely primer, would highly recommend xx

      Delete
  2. I've had both of these on my list to check out for ages! I might treat myself to the Stila one for my birthday coming up :)

    Kelsey | Beauty by Kelsey

    ReplyDelete