17/05/2015

#20 Sunday Sounds - At Home Gel Nails

I received a gel kit as my Christmas present last year and now can't remember my life before it! I still use nail varnish on days where I haven't got gels on and just need a quick fix, or I want to give my nails a couple of weeks rest but majority of the time I have got my gels on. 

They are so easy and simple to do, all you need is a UV lamp which you can pick up on Amazon or eBay etc and then you need the gel colours of your choice, top coat, base coat, a remover liquid and also a prep and wipe liquid. 

The gel colours are so easily accessible and there are so many different shades to choose from that you won't ever be stuck. I have got a couple of bright shades, a couple of darker shades like a deep purple and red and then a couple of nude shades. The only colour I'm missing is a true red so that's on the next to be purchased list.

I like to do my gels on a Sunday afternoon when I've got a couple of hours free, I sit down with a cup of tea and a good magazine and really make an occasion of it. They are so easy to do, yes they do take a little bit longer than painting your nails with regular nail polish but even when you paint your nails you still have to wait a good 30 minutes for your nails to be completely dry. And they last so much longer, they protect your nails and even help them to grow and stay in good condition. 

I'd really like to try a bit of nail art or try and do a french manicure style but I'm not 100% sure on how to do this yet so would love to hear any tips or recommendations from you lovely ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment