31/05/2015

#22 Sunday Sounds - Guest Post with Jasmine Harding Makeup

Morning you lovely lot! Today I have got a guest post for you from the lovely Jasmine from Jasmine Harding Makeup. I am a big fan of her blog so was thrilled when she agreed to do a guest post for me. You can also expect a guest post on the last day of each month moving forward, this is a new thing that I will be doing as I just love connecting with other bloggers so if any of you would like to be my next guest post then please do get in touch. Anyway enough of that, take it away Jasmine!

Before I start rabbiting on about what lipsticks I am loving for Spring, I should probably introduce myself... I'm Jasmine, the girl behind JasmineHardingMakeup and a total beauty addict. I just want to thank the gorgeous and wonderful Amanda, for asking me to be her guest blogger this month, I am honoured to be featured on your incredible blog!

I don't know about you, but for me, there is nothing better than a bright Spring lip to kick start your day. Although I'm probably known for living in nude lipsticks and swooning over MAC Velvet Teddy whenever I put it on, but sometimes it is nice to mix things up and add a bit of colour to my lips. There's just something so satisfying about a glowing base, a cream peachy cheek and creating all the focus on the lips with a pop of colour. With one exception in this edit, I tend to stay away from the full on mattes in S/S and tone things down with something hydrating and glossy, but don't get me wrong, I'm still all for the mattes. Anyway - here's my Spring lipstick low down... 

Starting from the left, kicking things off is the Lancôme Rouge In Love in Fall In Rose which is definitely a lipstick for those who are into all things pink and lipsticks which are on the brighter side of the spectrum. It is a blue under toned pink so looks lovely on the lips and is a very flattering shade when paired with a fresh base and dewy cheeks. The Rouge In Love lipsticks are one of Lancôme's best sellers with their light texture, pigmented shades and long wearing, slightly sheeny finishes. Lasting up to 6 hours before having to top up, these are so comfortable to wear and glide on to the lips straight from the bullet or with a brush. For a bright Spring day, this is the perfect pop of colour to add to your lips. 

Up next is another Lancôme lipstick, but one that is more suited to the girls who love a coral lip. Being a member of the L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick range, this is an incredibly hydrating, replenishing and luxurious lipstick. Coming in an amazing selection of 31 shades, I picked up Coral Ardent which is a beautiful soft coral with a hint of rose gold shimmer which lightens the lips for a sophisticated makeup look. Compared tot he Rouge In Love finish, these are far more moisturising and provide more of a shimmer finish than gloss. 

For a more budget friendly option, then the Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Pink Parfait is an ideal option. The smooth, creamy and pigmented peachy pink shade has a beautiful shimmery gloss finish whilst adding a dose of hydration. Despite having a shimmer finish, it is very subtle and remind me of NARS Orgasm blush, (just in lip stick form). For an everyday Spring lip, this is one I reach for a lot as it's incredibly easy to apply on the go with a small mirror, it lasts all day and keeps my lips smooth and buttery. 

By Terry Lip Gloss' are by far the best of them all and the shade Cherry Bomb, makes a beautiful bright gloss for Spring. (Sorry this is only available in balm pot now!) This tinted gloss is packed full of ingredients which replenish and regenerate your lips keeping them hydrated with Bees Wax and heals them with Shea Butter, all topped off with a rose scent. In terms of how this comes out on the lips, the colour is a very natural pink which doesn't come out as dark as it looks in the tube and it is a lightweight, sheer gloss finish. 

Finishing off with another of my favourite drugstore lip products, we have the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude Ist. This is one of those long lasting, matte finishes which has a super bouncy, jelly formula which looks amazing on the lips. The main thing I love about these lip products is how easy they are to apply, they glide on with ease due to the wand applicator and set to a creamy matte finish which lasts well up to 8 hours. The shade is like no other nude I own, so I enjoy wearing it on days when I'm not wearing Velvet Teddy as it's a much more muted pink option, perfect for those who are after the whole Kylie Jenner 90's nude lip. 

What lipsticks are you loving for Spring? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the revlon lip butters! I feel like everyone raved about them about 3 years ago and since then they've been forgotten about. I need to go out and buy some more. Thank you for reminding me! X

    Fi | www.fislittleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you’ve done an excellent job at highlighting the best fiverr gigs to get some blogging tasks done fast and cheap. I’ve always struggled to find the right gigs. This would come handy.


    Hair Building Fiber
    Sandhi Sudha
    Step Up Height Increaser

    ReplyDelete