30/05/2015

My 5 Product Face

For Spring/Summer I'm all about the minimal makeup look so I challenged myself to pick out just 5 items which could create an effortless natural look, so here they are:

When I am going for a minimal look I always use an illuminating/highlighting primer and the best of the bunch in my opinion is the Dior Glow Maximiser Primer. This stuff packs a serious punch when it comes to highlighting, you only need the tiniest amount to give your skin that lit from within look. You can also use this product over makeup as a highlighter for the cheek bones, brow bone and down the bridge of your nose. 

To hide those blemishes and dark circles my first choice is always the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, it is really lightweight and blends super easy. Then I just swish a little powder over my face and for this the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder is just, personally, the best. It feels super lightweight on the skin and doesn't stick to any dry patches. It also doesn't go patchy or give the telltale powdery finish to the skin, just a lovely airbrushed finish. 

The Stila Convertible Colors are so lovely to use in the Spring and Summer months as you can use them on the cheeks and lips, I have the shade Petunia which is a lovely peachy toned pink that looks perfect on the apples of the cheeks to give a nice pop of colour to a minimal look. 

And then lastly I can't go anywhere without filling in my brows, the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil is just quite handy as it has a little brush on the lid which can be used to brush the brows into shape. The pencil is really soft so, with a light hand, gives a natural strong brow finish. 

And those are the 5 products which I always tend to use when I am looking to achieve a natural/minimal makeup look. 

8 comments:

  1. I have most of these products and love them. Great post!

    www.sevenminsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Bourjois powder a lot more recently, and I've never been a fan of powders due to my dry skin but this was surprisingly velvety and natural looking on the skin and it didn't mask the natural glow of your skin!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush looks so nice, gorgeous colour!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, one of my favourites for spring/summer xx

      Delete
  4. I need to try this concealer, but oddly enough from the wake me up collection the only available product in my area is the foundation.. I need to try buying online, but there's the colour matching problem.. Does it run more yellow or pink?

    Best wishes,
    Arabesque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have shade soft beige and I think that's more on the yellow side xx

      Delete