17/06/2015

Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color


I have never massively gotten into Laura Mercier as a brand, I have dipped my tootsies on a couple of occasions but never really made the plunge. But the other day Nick and I nipped over to the Trafford Centre in Manchester for a little bimble around the shops. We went into Selfridges for a nosey as I was after a good pink lipstick, I have nude pink lipsticks and I also have bright pink lipsticks but nothing in between. After looking at the usual culprits of Chanel, MAC and Bobbi Brown I wasn't feeling very inspired so decided on the off chance to have a look at the Laura Mercier counter and was very pleasantly surprised. 

The sales lady was very helpful and pointed me in the direction of this Creme Smooth Lip Color in shade Pink Pout. First of all can I just say how beautiful the packaging is for this lipstick. It's a square shape which is a little different to the usual rounded bullets and it's a lovely glossy deep bronze colour. Very pretty. And looks super expensive when pulled out of your clutch in the ladies. 

On first impressions I really like this lipstick. I have only worn it a couple of times since picking it up but I am really impressed. It feels really creamy and moisturising on the lips and is also really well pigmented, just with one layer of product it gives a real rich/deep colour. This shade in particular is a lovely true pink, it looks really pretty on the lips and goes with pretty much every makeup look. It's great for this time of year as looks really fresh and cheers up even the greyist of days. 

All in all I really like the lipstick and I'm really glad I ventured away from my usual brands to try it out. I'll definitely be heading over to the Laura Mercier counter more often. Have you tried this range of lipsticks? What do you think of them?

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely shade.. I haven't tried Laura Mercier before so maybe I should branch out too. I love the sound of the formula and pigmentation. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend hun, I'm so glad I tried it out xx

      Delete
  2. The colour is gorgeous, I'm on the look out for a pretty pink lipstick!

    Just Little Things xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just looks so pretty on! Xx

      Amanda - dreamingxpretty.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. I've only tried a Laura Mercier blush before, but these lipsticks sound lovely!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really impressed with it and will definitely be buying more products from the brand soon! Xx

      Amanda - dreamingxpretty.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete