20/07/2015

MAC Warm Neutral Palette

When it comes to MAC eye shadows I have dabbled here and there but never really took that plunge until now. Just look at it. This palette contains 15 warm toned beautiful shades that all work perfectly together or even just on their own. I have green/hazel eyes and brown hair so can quite often get away with cool and warm toned shades but I generally tend to prefer more warm tones so instantly fell in love when this palette landed itself in my Christmas stocking last year. I know, he's just the best right. 

This palette was pretty much my introduction to MAC eye shadows and let me tell you I am not disappointed. I love them so much that I have been thinking about starting my own palette so if any of you have any recommendations for warm toned shadows then I am all ears. So anyway I loved this palette so much that I just had to share it with you lovely lot, going from top left to bottom right here are my thoughts on each shadow:

Hey: this is a metallic soft pink/peach shade, it's so creamy and buttery and looks pretty all over the lid with a flicked liner for a natural eye with a bit of sparkle and also just in the inner corners of the eye. 

Warm Breeze: a pastel coral shade, this is a satin finish and is very nearly completely matte but has tiny little specks of glitter taking it from what could be quite a boring and unworkable shade to super pretty and a shade that I use very often.

Gingersnap: oh my, I love this shade. It's a deep rose pink that is just so pretty. This is such a wearable shade, I have been pairing it alongside so many other shades, bronze, copper, khaki, berry...the list goes on. I have so much love for this shadow. 

Dark Brew: this is a really rich deep chocolate shade that has a pinkish shimmer running through it. I really love this shade alongside Gingersnap for creating a dark pink smokey eye. 

Dance in the Dark: there's always that one matte dark brown or black shade in every palette. If I'm honest I don't get a massive amount of use out of this shadow but I really like to use it with an angled wing liner for the lash line when I don't want an eye liner but still want some form of definition. 

Brule: this is a great shade to use all over the lid as a base and I also really like to use this shade in the crease with a nude cream based shadow all over the lid for a natural day time look.

Vanilla Extract: this is a frost finish and is a champagne shade, this is just one of those pretty soft shades that will suit pretty much any skin tone and makeup look.

Honey Lust: is a bronzey peach shade with a metallicy finish. I haven't got a massive amount of wear out of this one as I have been struggling to find another shade to pair it with and it's not really one I would wear all over the lid but it's such a pretty shade that I keep coming back to it. 

Amber Lights: it's love. This is just a whole host of peachy, coppery, bronze toned goodness. It has a great shimmer to it but isn't overly glittery so is perfect in my eyes. It's super smooth and buttery, it's buildable and the colour payoff is just...there are no words. 

Saddle: this shade just makes me think of autumn, it's a really rich rusty golden orangery brown and is matte in finish. It's perfect for the crease and looks really pretty when paired with something like Brule. 

Lemon Tart: I can't quite decide on this shade yet, it's like a mustard yellow with a gold pearlescent finish, the colour payoff of this is surprisingly good and it's really smooth in texture...I'm just not yet on board with the whole mustard yellow thing. 

Creative Copper: now this on the other hand is another matteer. It's a frosted gold shade that is super pretty when blended into Amber Lights for a real rich wintery evening look. 

Butterfudge: I'm not really quite sure on how to describe this shade, it's a like a shimmery khaki come taupe come gold shade. It's one of those shades that you could easily overlook when in the the pan but then applied to the eyes it transforms and looks so pretty and rich.

Divine Decadence: this is a rich deep chocolate come bronze shade with a gold shimmer, I love this shade and have been using for the outer corners and lower lash liner for pretty much every smokey eye look.

Unwind: so I'm currently having a real moment with khaki/olive toned shadows, they seem to match my green eyes and dark hair perfectly and I love pairing them with rusty red toned shadows. This has been the shadow I have been reaching for on pretty much a daily basis. It's perfect for both daytime and evening and is just one of my most favourite shadows out of the whole palette.

I completely adore this palette, the rich shades just make me think of winter, sitting infront of the fire with fluffy blankets and hot chocolate. Just talking about this palette is making me long for the autumn/winter month, my most favourite time of the year. I have used and will use every single shadow out of this palette. As previously mentioned I am wanting to start another palette of my own and have got my eye on a couple of shades but would love your recommendations. I love anything warm toned, berries, gold, copper, bronze, khaki, chocolate...you get my drift.

So if, like me, you love your warm toned shadows and can't be bothered with starting your own palette, or haven't got the budget for it as this does work out much cost effective then this is for you.

16 comments:

  1. I have this palette and it's lovely. Like you said it's great for those who've got the budget, plus it's far cheaper to buy this than to make your own which would cost just over £150.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, I absolutely love it. It's loads cheaper but I'm really tempted to make my own palette aswell :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! It reminds me of a pretty sunset with the yellow and pink tones, definitely super wearable! I've never tried any MAC eyeshadows before but this palette is simply gorgeous.

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk
    MAC LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY:
    http://www.clarkecouture.co.uk/2015/07/happy-1st-birthday-clarke-couture-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must, I'm now a complete convert xx

      Delete
  3. I really wanted this but there were so many Mac shades I wanted that weren't in it so I decided to make my own instead! Tempted to buy this in the future though and have myself two 15 pans ;)

    Just Little Things xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many palettes :) xx

      Delete
  4. gosh so many gorgeous colours, I love the brule one x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all just perfect for what I want xx

      Delete
  5. This palette is beautiful! Definitely want to try a few shades. I have one MAC eyeshadow that I love so I should branch out...

    -K
    www.thoughtcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this palette and absolutely love it. They are my perfect everyday shades. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use it to create so many different looks xx

      Delete
  7. OHHH MY. I am so envious of this palette - what an amazing bunch of colours! Perfect for day and night which is what I love in a palette!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, if I wasn't so much of a makeup addict I would just have this one palette to use for everything xx

      Delete