09/08/2015

#32 Sunday Sounds - Bourjois Brand Focus

Bourjois is fast becoming one of my favourite drugstore brands, the packaging is always so girly and feminine and the products ain't half bad either. So I had a little rummage through my makeup collection and came up with this lot that I love using on a daily basis so wanted to share them with you.

First up, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. This is a great foundation for daytime wear, it's a light to medium coverage and gives a lovely dewy finish. The foundation is really hydrating on the skin due to a number of different ingredients so is great for dry skin but for those of you with oily skin I would probably steer clear of this one. Then it has a matching powder counterpart, the Healthy Balance Powder. I love this powder. It feels super lightweight on the skin and doesn't stick to any dry patches. It also doesn't go patchy or give that telltale powdery finish to the skin, just a lovely airbrushed finish. I would highly recommend this one. 

For the face, I really been loving this blush. It's in shade Rose D'Or and is just a pretty pink shade. I've never massively gotten into Bourjois blushers, I'm not sure why. When I think of Bourjois I don't necessarily think of their blushers but this is definitely one to pick up. It is super well pigmented and glides onto the cheeks beautifully. They have a great shade range but this one in particular is such a great shade for Summer. Another blush I have been loving is the Bourjois Aqua Blush in shade Inge-Nude. This is a relatively new release from Bourjois and I absolutely love it. It's a gel fluid that has a refreshing effect on the skin and gives a natural radiance and light finish to the skin. This shade in particular has got me hooked and I think I may well pick up every other shade in the collection. This particular shade I have found is perfect for this time of year to help to give a dewy finish. I have been wearing it with a minimal base, bright pink or coral lips and just simple eyes with a swish of mascara and I love it. Then we have the Bourjois Bronzing Primer, this is like a mousse/whipped texture. When I'm going for the dewy finish to my makeup this is the one I head for. A little goes a long way with this product and when applied sparingly to the hollows of the cheeks, temples and forehead it is really effective and surprisingly easy to work with. This is a real bloggers favourite. 

So lips. I love Bourjois for lip products, they have such a great range of products and these Rouge Edition Liquid Lipsticks are definitely up there with my faves. I have two shades from the Rouge Edition Velvet range and one shade shade from the Rouge Edition Aqua Lacque range. All of which I love! The Velvet range gives a matte finish to the lips, whilst the Aqua Lacque range gives a glossy finish. I have shades 11 So Hap'pink, 03 Hot Pepper, 07 Fuchsia Perche and completely love all three. They have great lasting power and are perfect for any occasion. Then another lip product is the Color Boost Lip Crayon in shade 07 Proudly Naked. This is a great daytime pick, it gives the lips a lovely natural sheen adding just a hint of colour. 

Then lastly, it's the eyes. And these Colorband Crayons are just beautiful, ever since buying these I have been smitten. The collection consists of 6 shades, all of which are absolutely beautiful. I picked up three of the shades in my local Boots which are just a nude lovers dream. They are waterproof and really long lasting, and when I say long lasting they literally do not budge or crease at all. I have shades Mauve Baroque, Rose Fauviste and Brun Dadaiste. They are really pigmented and look so very pretty on the lids. 

So that's it. My top favourite Bourjois products. What are yours? Do you have any recommendations?

16 comments:

  1. I don't own much Bourjois but I really like the Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Rose Tweed.

    Catherine x The Beauty Trove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Bourjois, I really need to give something from their range a try!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Aqua Blushes are definitely making their way around the blogosphere and I really want to try them after reading such good things about them! I really need to try more of the Healthy Balance range too as I'm loving the concealer at the moment. My favourite Rouge Edition is definitely So Hap'pink but this shade is definitely less loved/well known than the others, so I'm glad you like it too :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually tried the concealer before xx

      Delete
  4. I need to get one of their liquid blushes. And I love the Velvet Rouge lipsticks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up the Bronzing Primer a few weeks ago (which oddly is called Sun Illusion Blur Skin Perfector here) and I'm not sure about it. Maybe I just got the wrong shade but I don't know if it's very effective for me. Will keep trying to make it work though ;)
    I also just started using the Healthy Balance powder which I love!

    I really want to try out the foundation you mentioned, seems like a good one!

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, I try to use quite sparingly as it's very pigmented xx

      Delete
  6. I really love the bronzing primer - particularly at this time of the year! It adds such a gorgeous sunkissed glow to the skin!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Healthy Balance Powder - it's my everyday go-to :) I need to get more Colour Boost shades I think xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sets makeup really well but doesn't cake the skin and still lets a bit of dewiness show through without it looking oily xx

      Delete
  8. I adore Bourjois too - their products are some of the best on the high street!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete