11/08/2015

Bronze Eyes

You know me and my bronze eyes, it's like an endless love affair. It's such an easy look to wear and goes with pretty much any outfit aswell. It's my usual go to for daytime and evening wear and these are the products that I always reach for.

So firstly, the cream based shadows:

By Terry Ombre Blackstar - Bronze Moon, any type of shadow stick is a winner in my eyes. They're so easy to use and give maximum impact with minimal effort and this little beauty is no exception. When applied all over the lid this gives the loveliest subtle hint of colour but it's also extremely buildable so can be built up to give a deeper and more intense colour.

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo - On and On Bronze, this is my go to shade for daytime wear. It gives a really subtle hint of shimmer, I just tend to apply this all over the lid and then take it slightly underneath the eyes aswell. It's super creamy but once dry and it has set on the lids it does not budge and I haven't ever found it to crease.

MaxFactor Excess Shimmer - 25 Bronze, this stuff is seriously pigmented. It is the prettiest shade of bronze and has a slight shimmer to it giving the most luxe of finishes. I love to use this alongside the On and One Bronze in the evenings to create a bronze smokey eye and then finish with a thin line of brown liner.

For powders:

Look Beauty Statement Eyes - 18 Luxe, this is a really pretty bronzey gold eye shadow. It's really finely milled so doesn't look too over the top but still gives enough glitter and glitz to jazz up any makeup look. I love wearing this over the top of  the MaxFactor Excess Shimmer cream shadow all over the lid to add a real glitz to the look.

Body Shop Warm Shimmer Cube, I love one particular shade from this set which is the Honeycomb cube. It's a coppery/bronze shade and just looks so incredibly pretty all over the lid or applied on the lower lash line to give something a bit different to the look. It's not massively well pigmented so I like to use this just all over the lid for a daytime look when I want a little shimmer but nothing too over the top.

MAC Pigment - Copper Sparkle, this has a lovely rose gold tone to it and hits the light perfectly to give such a beautiful effect. I just love this all over the lid on it's own or paired with another bronze shade to blend together. 

Then there's just two shades from my MAC Warm Palette: 

Amber Lights: it's love. This is just a whole host of peachy, coppery, bronze toned goodness. It has a great shimmer to it but isn't overly glittery so is perfect in my eyes. It's super smooth and buttery, it's buildable and the colour payoff is just...there are no words. 


Creative Copper: now this on the other hand is another matter. It's a frosted gold shade that is super pretty when blended into Amber Lights for a real rich wintery evening look. 

I honestly cannot get enough of bronzed toned eye shadows, they're so rich in colour and feel really warm against my skin tone. I have green/hazel eyes and I find that bronze matches my eye colour perfectly plus it's just such an easy colour to wear throughout Summer and Winter. 

I love finding new bronze shadows to wear so if any of you have any recommendations I'm all ears! 

22 comments:

  1. Lovely post Amanda, I love bronze eyes and especially cream formulas! I definitely need the Max Factor excess shimmer in my life!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the new Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise aswell! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love bronze eyes for summer and winter - especially with a little metallics to finish off the look! I really need to get my hands on some MAC eyeshadows. xxx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's such an easy look to wear xx

      Delete
  3. Great picks! Bronze eyes are amazing and these look like great products - I want that Max Factor cream eyeshadow!
    Jasmine Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely, one of my favourites and it's such a great price! Xx

      Delete
  4. These are my kind of shades! I love the On and On Bronze Color Tattoo ;)

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have green eyes so I always opt for bronze/copper shades. I love MAC Amber Lights. It's such a gorgeous shade! I'm also so jealous you've got your hands on a By Terry shadow stick!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bronze moon is such a pretty shadow stick and Amber Lights is just b-e-a-u-tiful! Brilliant post lovely.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bronze eyeshadows are so lovely

    Jacynta xx
    www.jacyntawalsh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own and looove all your cream picks :) I have only tried Amber Lights from these powders but the Copper Sparkle pigment looks stunning! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about the MAC pigment - I need to put it on my to buy list! Lovely post & photograph x

    www.beckieeschle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find bronze eyeshadows look so gorgeous on!
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, I really want to try the By Terry Ombre Blackstar products. I love bronze/copper tones on other people, but with my neutral pale skin whenever I wear them it just looks...like I need a tan? ha
    Anyway, loved the post!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete