31/08/2015

Current Makeup Menu

I've been trying to put a little more effort into my makeup recently and wearing a slightly heavier base purely because we're now heading in September and slowly moving more towards Autumn and Winter, which is when I tend to wear a lot heavier bases so in order to get my skin ready I have started to introduce the products now, and these are the products that I have been using to give a more polished finish.

Clarins Everlasting Foundation, this has always been and will most likely always be my most favourite foundation of all time. This stuff, let me tell you, stays put. It lasts all day long and even into the evening without having to touch up, it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin but it's obviously heavier than the cc creams and tinted moisturisers that my skin has been used to. It's not too dewy but likewise it isn't mattifying either, it gives just the right amount of shine for me and I just love it.

To set my foundation I have been using the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in shade No30. this is really lightweight on the skin and just helps to remove any shine but without getting rid of the much loved dewiness. Then to add a bit of warmth to the skin I have been using the Body Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder, I love this bronzer. It's the perfect shade and formula for me, it gives the perfect amount of colour and warmth without looking orange or tanned and plus it's not cakey or drying in the slightest. To add a little colour to my cheeks I have been using the Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in shade 010 Santa Rose, this is the perfect rose toned blusher. It gives just the right amount of warmth to the cheeks without looking too pink or red and it's really finely milled so blends really easily.

For the eyes I have of course been wearing a bronze eye. Did you really expect anything else? So all over the lids I have been using the Maybelline Color Tattoo in shade On and On Bronze, I love this shadow. It's really subtle and soft on the lids and gives the perfect base for a bronze eye. Then for the rest of the eye I have using this Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Screen Shot. I use the lighter shade in the inner corners of the eye to give a brighter effect to the eyes, the light bronze shade in the crease and then the dark chocolate in the outer corner to give a smokey effect. I never usually mix cream and powder shadows but I've actually found that it works really well. Using a cream shadow as the base helps to keep the look in place all day and gives a lot more pigmented effect to the powders used on top. To line the eyes I have been using the GOSH Forever Metallic Eyeshadow Stick in 04 Brown, this is a sparkly chocolate brown shade and just finishes the look off perfectly.

I have quite simply just been brushing through my brows with the Benefit Gimme Brow to give a slight bit of definition and then finishing the look of with of course my MAC Peach Blossom lipstick. I find this goes perfectly with the bronze/chocolate smokey eye and just helps to balance the face out.

So that's been my current go to look, have you tried any of the above products? What do you think of them?

10 comments:

  1. I got gimme brow recently, and to be honest at first I wasn't sure about it. Now I use it literally every day, I love it so much! You have got so much lovely makeup .

    http://oliviaredfern.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Clarins foundation as it's just so reliable and you know it won't move once it's been applied! Paired with an illuminating/radiance boosting primer, like the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, and it's one of my favourite bases :)

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. On & On Bronze is such a classic :) I definitely need to try the Gosh eyeshadow sticks next! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear by Santa Rose blush. It's so pretty and fuss free.

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The body shop honey bronzer and Benefit gimme brow are firm favourites of mine right now too - they're great!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the Body Shop Honey Bronzer xx

      Delete