18/08/2015

Makeup For Job Interviews

So recently I have been going on a few interviews and wanted to share with you what I have been reaching for. I always like to go for a natural face and eyes and then a bold red lip to leave a lasting impression so these are my picks:

For my base, I always head for something that's lightweight and doesn't look cakey on the skin so this Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is just the ticket. It blends super easy into the skin and doesn't sit on top of the skin so there's no cakey telltale sign. Then I just set my foundation with a light dusting of the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder. This is such a finely milled powder so doesn't look cakey or fall into the lines of your face, it just gives a really fresh air bushed finish. It also doesn't mattify things too much, it still allows the slight bit of dewiness to show through without it looking oily. Then for the cheeks I have been loving the Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in shade Santa Rose. This is a really natural pink toned rose shade, it just gives enough colour to the cheeks but doesn't look too over the top either.

Then for the eyes, I just like to keep it really simple. The Illamasqua Vintage Metallix Cream Shadow in shade Courtier is a lovely smooth pink/cream shade that just catches the light perfectly on the eye lids. It's lovely for when you want a little something on the lids but still want to keep it quite natural. Then to finish off the eyes I just add a little swipe of the Bourjois Liquid Liner Pen, it's a really slim liner with a small pen style nib and is perfect for creating a feminine flick.

To finish the look off I just add a little swipe of the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in shade 875 Gladiolus, this is the perfect pinky toned red lippie. I love the Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks, they're really moisturising on the lips and go on so effortlessly. It has a lovely glossy finish so doesn't too bold but still gives a lovely feminine and professional image.

I wore this look to my last interview and I got the job so I'm now classing this as my lucky look.

What makeup do you wear for interviews?

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting the job! :) I bet you're so excited. I love your ideas for a subtle makeup look. I have a few of these products but unfortunately the Bobbi Brown foundation just doesn't work for me. I always opt for Estee Lauder or Bare Minerals now xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Which Estee Lauder foundation do you use? Xx

      Delete
  2. I recently did a post like this as well! I've been loving the Revlon Ultra HD lipsticks lately!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're so right - natural is best for interviews :) Congrats on getting the job!

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the job! I actually wore the same Bobbi Brown foundation to my last interview and got the job so maybe it's lucky haha. The natural but good coverage is perfect for a professional look :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Maybe it's a good luck charm :) xx

      Delete