28/08/2015

My Top Drugstore Mascaras

The UK drugstore market is going seriously strong at the moment, they have such a great range of products and brands so I wanted to bring you my current favourite mascaras. I always think mascaras are quite a personal thing, there's so many different ones on the market and they all offer different finishes and effects. I personally like a good bit of volume with length but not too much length as I don't like my lashes to look too long. So these are the mascaras that I always reach for on a daily basis:

Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara - being enriched with Argan Oil this mascara is a real treat for the lashes. It doesn't clump or go hard and crispy and is an absolute dream to remove, no rubbing at your eyes. It gives good seperation to the lashes and lengthens them without looking spidery.

Collection Longer Lash Waterproof Mascara - this is the perfect everyday mascara. It never clumps and it never really looks like I'm actually wearing mascara when I use this. This stuff is seriously as cheap as chips but is one of the best daytime mascaras I have ever used. Plus it's waterproof so holds a curl really well.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - this gives the lashes a lengthening and more fuller effect. I can't quite work out if this mascara is waterproof or not as it holds a curl like a waterproof mascara but nowhere on the packaging does it say it's waterproof. This is a great dupe for the Benefit Roller Lash, it gives really good length to the lashes and gives the illusion of double the amount of lashes.

No7 Intense Volume Waterproof Mascara - I have been really impressed with this mascara. I find with a lot of mascaras they either clump or dry up but not this one. I have had this months on end and it's still going strong. It gives great volume to the lashes and gives the effect of full lashes. I have the waterproof one and as a crier I think I can speak for most of us girls that a waterproof mascara is a must when 'you're a crier'. But I honestly wouldn't buy this for the waterproof element as it doesn't withstand my tears but as a volumising mascara it is perfect.

Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara - I have this in shade Black/Brown so it looks really natural on the eyes and is perfect for the daytime or evening. It gives great volume without looking over the top or clumpy.

So they're my top drugstore mascaras. What are yours?

14 comments:

  1. I totally agree that the drugstore brands are smashing the mascara market, at the moment. I very rarely ever purchase a high-end formula, as I just don't think there's any need. The Maybelline mascara is my current favourite, as it makes my lashes look so full, yet separated.

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you all the way, I've tried a lot of mascaras and lately drugstore brands are beating high end mascaras in my eyes. My current favourite is the Covergirl Clump Crusher, really great for giving natural looking length.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel Wonder'Full mascara, but I'd love to try the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara as well!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seventeen Va Va Voom mascara sounds really lovely - I love Maybelline Rocket mascara!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to try SEVENTEEN'S Doll'd Up Mascara! You'd love it!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lash Sensational is my absolute favourite :) I will be trying Seventeen Longer Lash next I think as I'm a drugstore girl when it comes to mascara xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a drugstore girl for mascaras! There's so much choice xx

      Delete
  7. This Maybelline mascara is literally everywhere lately, how can I resist grabbing it now?!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete