03/09/2015

Lipstick and Blusher Pairs

Now normally I'm not one of those people that match their makeup up, I tend to just chuck on whatever I feel like and hope for the best but I do have just a few blushers and lipsticks that I always tend to wear together so I wanted to share these with you.

For a red lip I always go tend to go with a neutral blush. When wearing a red lip I always reach for the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in shade Cruella. This a real true red shade and is matte in finish so sticks around all night long. To compliment the red lip, I have been loving using the Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in shade Earthy Blush. I was first introduced to this blush when Lily Pebbles included it in one of her videos on Youtube about the Burberry catwalk makeup look and I instantly fell in love. This blush is super finely milled so glides beautifully onto the skin and leaves a really subtle hint of colour that doesn't sit on top of the skin. This shade really doesn't look all that appealing in the pan but trust me once it's on your skin it just gives a really subtle natural glow to the cheeks. When I wear red lipstick I generally tend to keep my eyes pretty simple with a flicked liner so this blush is perfect for complementing that look. It gives just enough colour to the cheeks to add a little warmth to the skin.

When I'm sporting a coral lip I always reach for a bronzed type of blusher. My coral lipstick of choice is the Clarins Joli Rouge Lipsticks in shade 20 Coral Tulip. These is the perfect pinky/peach shade and is perfect for holibobs. It has a sheer formula so is really pretty for this time of year. Then for my blush I use the MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in shade Sunbasque. I love this blusher. It has a slight red undertone so works perfectly with a bronzed face and gives a lovely flush of colour of colour to the cheeks.

Who doesn't love a good bright pink lip? The Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Lacque in shade 07 Fuchsia Perche is one of my all time favourites. This is a liquid lipstick with a glossy finish so perfect for this time of year when you want to add a little shine to the lips. It's a bright pink shade and looks so pretty against a rose cheek. For the blush I have been matching it with the Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in shade 010 Santa Rose, this is the perfect rose toned blusher. It gives just the right amount of warmth to the cheeks without looking too pink or red and it's really finely milled so blends really easily.

When I'm wearing a nude lip I love to use a peachy bronzed blush so this pair are the perfect match. MAC Peach Blossom is my all time favourite pinky nude lipstick. This is a rose/mauve toned pink lipstick. To match this lippie I use the MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush in shade 25 Alluring Rose. I don't think the shade really describes this blush all that well at all I don't think it's rosey in the slightest. I would describe it as a bronzed peach shade that when swirled together with a blush brush gives the nicest flush of colour to the skins with a subtle shimmer and highlight.

So they're the blusher and lipstick pairs that I always reach for when wearing one of the two.

What blushers and lipsticks do you put together?

4 comments:

  1. Cruella is such a beautiful shade, I need it!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my eye on MAC Peach Blossom a while, I will definitely try it out with Alluring Rose if I do pick it up :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete