28/09/2015

September Favourites

I can't quite believe that it's time for the monthly favourites post again! Where is this year going? It's my birthday on Friday and I always think as soon as my birthday is over Christmas comes round so quickly. I even bought my first Christmas present the other day. How scary is that? Well not really coz I love Christmas and can't wait for it to come round but this year has just flown by so far. So anyway, here are my September favourites. Enjoy!

Firstly, the Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser in Nourishing Cocoa. I have been using this pretty much non stop throughout this month, September has been crazy busy for me which has meant that I've hardly had any time to moisturise and my skin was really suffering for it until I remembered that I had this in my cupboard. I apply my usual shower gel first and rinse off then apply this in-shower moisturiser onto damp skin whilst still in the shower and rinse away. Then I just pat my skin dry and get dressed straight away. It's a lovely creamy milk-lotion and feels super silky soft when applied to the skin. This has been my life saver this month and will definitely be re purchasing once it runs out.

Next is the Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil, this stuff literally smells of holidays. The oil can be used on the body and hair without making it feel greasy or sticky. I have also been using the oil on my cuticles at night time and a great tip is to use it for shaving the arm pits. I have also used it a couple of times as a bath oil. It leaves the skin looking so incredibly glowy and healthy, it absorbs pretty much instantly so doesn't leave any residue or tackiness behind. I absolutely love this oil, anything oil based I am always on board with, but this just takes it to the next level. I keep this on my bedside table and have been using it pretty much every night on my cuticles as they are always so dry and it completely cleared up the dry skin.

Then, it's the Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25. This is an oil-free (bonus points) tinted moisturiser if you like, with a broad sprectrum sun protection thrown in for good measure. It can be used alone as your daily spf or under makeup as a primer. I genuinely love this stuff. It applies beautifully and it's just so smooth. It blends and sinks into the skin effortlessly and doesn't leave any residue behind, plus it doesn't feel heavy like some facial SPF's can on the skin. The only way I can describe this is basically a mineral based tinted moisturiser come bb/cc cream with facial SPF. This offers the perfect finishing touch to my now perfect morning moisturising routine and it also leaves the perfect base to start applying my makeup onto. This is most certainly coming away with me on holiday.

The YSL Les Sahariennes Blur Bronzer was released back in May this year and has been very well received and loved in my makeupo collection. With it's creamy soft formula it's so easy to apply and is completely buildable. It's almost as if you can't go over the top with this stuff, with it's creamy application and powder finish the skin just looks airbrushed and free of imperfections. Along with the bronzer, there is a two sided applicator included, one end is a sponge pad and the other end being a brush. Honestly, I don't use the applicator, I use a buffing brush as I just find it easier to work with. I have been using this pretty much non stop since buying it. I absolutely love it as an alternative to just powder bronzers.

Another skincare favourite this month has been the Antipodes Avocado Oil & Rosehip Divine Facial Oil. Now this I love. You all know me and my facial oils, I love them. And this has been a very welcome addition to an ever growing collection. Containing a blend of avocado, rosehip, macadamia, ylang ylang, jasmine, sandalwood, orange oils and vitamin E it was never going to disappoint. It sinks super quickly and doesn't feel greasy in the slightest, some facial oils can get a little greasy/slick feeling but not this one. After using this my skin is absolutely glowing in the morning, all redness has disappeared and my skin is left looking healthy and radiant.

Then lastly is quite frankly my most favourite pink lip combination. Ever. The MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in shade 04 Pink Princess and the MaxFactor Lipfinity Lipstick in shade 45 So Vivid. These are the perfect shade of pink for me, bright and pigmented but still really soft and warm in tone. I get so many compliments when I wear this combination and I just genuinely love it. I have been wearing this little duo pretty much non stop this month and can see myself wearing very often for the rest of the year. The shade of pink is lovely and warm in tone but is still pretty bright which makes it perfect for all year round. Don't you just love it when you find your perfect lip combo.

So there you have it, my September favourites. Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?

12 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to get the YSL bronzer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Clinique City Block, it feels so light on the skin and isn't greasy like a lot of SPFs can be.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I can’t believe how quickly the year is going, I really want to try the Clinique City Block Sheer after hearing your rave reviews :) Pink Princess looks like such a gorgeous lip liner :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The city block is such a great facial spf xx

      Delete
  4. I have just fallen in love with the YSL Blur Bronzer from your description! Defintiely need this in my life!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe those lip products are from the high street - the packaging looks high end! And I LOVE the sound of that YSL bronzer :)

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete