06/11/2015

Autumn Date Night Makeup

Don't ya just love Autumn? Date nights throughout Autumn are just my favourite. Pub meals by a roaring fire, red wine and a face themed on the colours that I normally associate with Autumn. So I wanted to do a quick post for you about what I've been wearing on my face recently when going on a date night.

For my base I have been using NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, you all know how I love a good dewy base for my foundation and this foundation gives a little more coverage than my beloved Burberry Fresh Glow Foundation. Then to set my foundation I use the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder, I love this powder as it sets and keeps my foundation in place all night but doesn't strip the glow away from my foundation. To add a little warmth to my skin I love the Body Shop Honey Bronze Powder, it gives the nicest flush of colour without looking too much. It has a matte finish which I personally prefer for my bronzers at this time of year as I use a seperate highlighter to add that glow. In terms of blush I absolutely adore the Benefit Rockateur Blusher, it's a lovely shimmery deep pink/mauve, it gives a lovely flush of colour and also a slight illuminating finish to the cheeks. To give an Autumnal warmth/glow to my cheek bones etc I use the Topshop Highlight in shade Horizon, this is such a lovely warm gold toned highlighter. I have been using this on the high points of my face to highlight and also softly brushed all over my face and it just gives the nicest, natual and subtle glow to the face. A little really does go a long way with this powder as it is really well pigmented. For Autumn I much prefer warmer tones for the face rather than cool tones so this highlighter is perfect for this.

For my eyes, I haven't been able to stop using the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette. It contains four shades that all perfectly compliment not only each other but also this time of year. There's a rusty red, a khaki, a warm toned champagne and a gold pressed pigment. It's the perfect touch of luxury. To finish the look off I like to use a brown mascara as it I find it gives a softer finish to the eyes and my current love is this Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara, I love this stuff. It gives great volume and length to the lashes, it doesn't clump and it's super cheap.

Then to finish the whole look off I love the MAC Peach Blossom Creme Sheen Lipstick, it's the perfect nudey pink and helps to bring the whole face together.

What's your Autumn date night look?

6 comments:

  1. The Charlotte Tilbury palette is so beautiful!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty look! I especially love the lipstick! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peach Blossom looks gorgeous! Love the look of the Horizon highlighter and of course the Dolce Vita is perfect for Autumn evenings :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete