19/12/2015

Current Red Lipstick Loves

So I've been having a real red lip moment for the past few weeks. I love a good red lip at this time of year, I just think there's something so festive about them so I wanted to share with you my current favourites that I have been reaching for.

Firstly, it's the Burberry Kisses Lipstick in shade Military Red. This is a lovely bright cherry red that is perfect for this time of year in my opinion, it's super buttery and moisturising on the lips so doesn't dry them out in the slightest. It's embossed with the iconic Burberry tartan pattern on the side of the bullet and comes encased in the most beautiful gold packaging. It is really well pigmented and looks and feels super luxurious on the lips.

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in shade 875 Gladiolus, this is the perfect pinky toned red lippie. I love the Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks, they're really moisturising on the lips and go on so effortlessly. It has a lovely glossy finish so doesn't look too bold but still gives a lovely feminine image, I love this lipstick for the daytime as it's not drying in the slightest so I can wear all day without having to worry and also with it being quite soft in finish it's a lot more muted and subtle than the others making it perfect for the daytime.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick in shade 03 Hot Pepper, this is an orangey toned red so is perfect for a relaxed evening. If I'm going out for drinks one evening after work or meeting with friends for a casual drink then I apply a quick swipe of this. It glams up any outfit/look but isn't as dark or deep as some reds so you don't feel too done up. This is also great when going for drinks as it's a liquid lipstick and stains the lips so stays put throughout those one or two or even three glasses of wine, who's counting when you're with friends.

MaxFactor Lipfinity Long Lasting Lipstick in shade 35 Just Deluxe. It's the perfect true red that I would wear for an evening date night out or curled up in a cosy pub with a glass of red next to a roaring fire, perfect for the upcoming Wintery months. It has a similar finish to the MAC Satin Finish lipsticks, not matte but super long lasting and hydrating enough to not dry your lips out throughout the day.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, in shade Cruella. It glides on like a dream and stays put all day and night through eating, drinking, chatting, kissing, you name it. Obviously it's matte so is slightly drying but nothing too drastic and to combat this I just apply a thin layer of lip balm before applying. This is the mother of all matte lipsticks, when I want something that is going to last me all day I know I can count on this.

And then we've got MAC Lady Bug which for me is the perfect red. This is part of the Lustre range which gives quite a sheer finish with a glossy sheen. I would describe Lady Bug as a more purple toned red so is quite deep but is perfect for the Wintery months.

So there my current favourites reds, any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. Nars Cruella sounds like the perfect red lip, it seems to be the staple choice for so many!

    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post lovely, some gorgeous picks! :) I’m really lusting after Cruella as I’ve never tried the NARS Velvet lip pencils before. Some of my favourite reds include MAC’s Ruby Woo and Rimmel 107 :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I've heard a lot about Ruby Woo! Xx

      Delete