26/12/2015

Winter Skincare

I am a massive fan of Winter, it's my favourite time of year. We have Christmas, bonfire night, boxing day, New Year, cosying up by the fire. chunky knits and hats, hot chocolate...I could go on. But one thing I hate about Winter, my skin. My skin is dry at the best of the times so once Winter hits my skin seems to take a nose dive and turns flaky, dull and lifeless so I wanted to share with you lovely lot what products I am currently using that have been working really well for me.

Firstly, you guys already know my love for Sarah Chapman. She's like the fairy god mother of skincare, I love every single one of her products and they never let me skin down so of course the majority of my skincare are items from this brand. For my cleanser I use the Sarah Chapman Ultimate Cleanse, this for me is just the creme de la creme of cleansers. It's such a rich balm that massages so easily and effortlessly into the skin, you can almost feel this cleanser unclogging your pores and lifting those impurities out as you're gently massaging into the skin. I absolutely adore this cleanser, it's quite a heavy cleanser which is why I love it so much for Winter, it genuinely feels like it's giving your skin a great big cuddle when applying it. It soothes my skin, leaves it feeling hydrated, smooth, supple, soothed and just generally happy. I use this pretty much every single morning and night throughout Winter and my skin just laps it up. Another Sarah Chapman favourite is the facial oils, both the Overnight Facial Oil and Morning Facial Oil are star players within my routine at this time of year. They both give my skin the exact nutrients it needs without feeling oily or sticky. You can just feel the quality in these oils and my skin absolutely loves them. The last Sarah Chapman favourite is the Skin Insurance SPF. It's so important to wear a facial SPF all year round, not just in the summer. This is quite possibly the most impressive hybrid of all the facial SPF's that I have ever tried or even heard of. Aswell as protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays it also helps to hydrate and illuminate the skin giving a lit from within finish to the face. I just apply this on top of the morning facial oil and I'm good to go.

For my serum I have been using the Pixi Overnight Glow Serum, I haven't had this for too long but I already love it. It contains 10% glycolic acid so is slightly exfoliating on the skin, the morning after applying this my skin is just radiant and glowing. I purchased a number of Pixi skincare items recently so will be doing a full review on this soon.

Then we have the Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator. Now I know what you're going to say, I go on all the time about chemical exfoliators and how they suit my skin so much more than manual ones but this scrub is on another level. It's a lovely thick and creamy formula containing Jojoba beads to gently exfoliate and buff away the dead skin cells and impurities from the surface of the skin. In my opinion it's the perfect exfoliator for this time of year. Not only does it work to exfoliate the skin but it also contains Beeswax to protect and relieve chapped skin, Glycerin to help maintain hydration levels in the skin and Sweet Almond Oil to moisturise skin and keep it feeling and looking soft and supple. I think you can now understand my love.

So they're the products within my winter skincare routine, what are yours? Any recommendations?

5 comments:

  1. The Pixi Serum sounds lovely, I can't wait for the full review of it!

    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pixi serum sounds fabulous, I'll have to give it a try xxxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely hun, and pretty reasonably priced compared to others on the market xx

      Delete
  3. I really appreciate and enjoy this post. I'm looking forward to new posts here in the future, and please keep it up. https://mix.com/honglou

    ReplyDelete