12/10/2014

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning Elixir


I am a self confessed tanning addict, I love the stuff so whenever I spot something new that I haven't tried before then my impulse takes over and I have to have it. The thing that drew me to this product most was the luxurious and expensive looking glass bottle, the price was a little off putting but I had some Boots points to use so I treated myself.

On first impression I really loved the look of this product, the packaging is attractive and I always prefer a pump top with any tanning product as you can ensure you put an equal amount of pumps on each leg and arm etc. With the promise of lasting 2 weeks and no self tan smell I was sold.

Upon application the liquid is clear so you need to be really careful about applying and try to remember where you have done as you cannot see where you have already applied the product. I was really impressed with the result, it takes around 8-10 hours for the tan to develop so is best being applied before going to sleep. I used a tanning mitt to apply, as with all tanning products I use, as I just think it gives a nicer more even finish and you don't get up with orange palms. The product is silky smooth and ultra easy to apply, it spreads effortlessly over the skin and you aren't left with any sticky residue.

The product is marketed as not having that fake tan smell which it almost true, I found that when applying there was a really lovely perfumed scent to it but once it has dried you are still left with the infamous biscuit smell. The product has moisturising elements already built into it so there is no need to moisturise troublesome spots beforehand such as elbows, knees, wrists etc. Guidelines to apply advise on applying the product over 3 consecutive days to build up a natural looking glow which will last for 2 weeks, honestly, I have been applying just once and I think it gives a nice colour just from one application. I can most definitely vouch for the tan lasting 2 weeks, if anything it probably actually lasts a little longer and also it fades evenly over those 2 weeks so you aren't left with patches in areas that tan is more likely to stick to.

Overall, I really like this product. The only negative I would have is that it does have the biscuit smell when dried but honestly this isn't going to put me off as majority of tanning products have this smell and I don't think you're ever going to get away from it.

Have you tried this tanning product? What do you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment