20/10/2014

My Autumn Essentials

Autumn Essentials
Anyone that knows me knows I lurve Autumn! It is just my most favourite time of year, cosying up in front of the fire with a good book and a glass of red wine in hand with mellow music in the background and candles lit...ahh perfect.

I have piled together a list of all my essentials that I live by for Autumn:

Slippers: A girl always needs a good pair of slippers, we have wooden flooring mostly through our house so it can get quite chilly underfoot throughout Autumn and Winter so a pair of comfy slippers are a must. I love getting in from work getting changed into my lounge wear and chucking on a pair of slippers, there is nothing more relaxing.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Balm: With the cold weather coming lips can get very chapped and dry, keep them moisturised and smooth with this intensive lip balm. I like to slather it on at bedtime and leave it to do it's magic overnight.

Umbrella: Need I say more. An umbrella is just a given in this rainy season, I like to keep a little compact Cath Kidston umbrella in my handbag and then a larger umbrella in my car.

Red Lipstick: Tis the season for red lipstick, bright corals and pinks have gone into storage and my rich reds and plums have come out of hibernation.

Jo Malone Candle: I love candles, I find them so relaxing like most people on a cold Autumn night. There is just something about Jo Malone candles that are so luxurious, they are my absolute faves.

Thick Black Tights: Find me a lady that doesn't swear by her thick black tights throughout winter! They are just an absolute staple, the thicker the better!

Estee Lauder Intensive Hand Cream: Throughout Autumn and Winter my hands get incredibly dry so it's important to use a really intensive moisturising hand cream and this Estee Lauder cream is just perfect. I like to apply it before bedtime and let it sink in overnight.

Chunky Knitted Scarf: Who doesn't love a big chunky scarf for those chilly mornings, I tend to go for more neutral colours with scarves so that all my scarf choices will go with all different colours of coats.

Clarins HydraQuench Cream: Lastly, this cream is probably my most favourite day cream ever. It is perfect for the Autumn months to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised when all the elements are against it. For anyone who has combination to dry skin I would highly recommend this product.

So that's my Autumn essentials, what's yours?

2 comments:

  1. Those slippers look so comfy! I can't wait until it's time to get snuggled up in front of the fire in the evenings! I haven't tried any of Jo Malone's candles but they sound amazing!!

    emily x ♥ | emily's beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of these! I love all the comfy clothes and dark lipsticks. Great post x

    beauty & fashion blog:
    taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete