11/11/2014

Bobbi Brown Soho Chic Eye Palette

Yet another holiday purchase was this Bobbi Brown eye shadow palette, the moment I sit down on a plane I always look in the duty free magazine to see what bargains I can lay my hands on this holiday so you can imagine my delight when I saw this beauty sitting pretty on the front page.

Over the past few months I have been thinking I need to broaden my horizons a little on the colour front as I literally just wear taupes, bronze, browns etc on my eyes, and yes I know what you're all thinking, this palette isn't exactly a hell of a lot different to my usual colour scheme but you know baby steps and all that.

This palette is made up 6 different shades; 3 matte, 1 shimmer and 2 metallic. Those of you that are avid Bobbi fans will probably know the shades well as I am led to believe they are fairly popular ones, we have:
-Ivory, Cement and Caviar (matte shades)
-Rockstar and Pebble (metallic shades)
-Grey Pearl (shimmer shade)
I find all shades to be extremely wearable and they all compliment each other perfectly. The only shade I can't seem to get on with is Caviar, purely because it is a little too dark for me to have on my lids but I have actually been using it as an eyeliner which works just great.

Honestly, this palette didn't wow me as much as I was expecting. I do like the palette and have been enjoying using different colour shades to my usual standard browns but I just find the shadows are not pigmented enough for me and don't seem to blend all that well either, which is a real shame as I love the look of the palette and the colours in the pan. I do own individual Bobbi Brown eye shadows and absolutely love them but for some reason the shadows in the palette just aren't any where near as good as the individual ones unless the one I bought was a bit of a duff maybe.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this eye shadow palette.

8 comments:

  1. The colours are gorgeous and right up my street, but it's a total shame they are lacking pigment and you have a hard time blending them well! For Bobbi Brown and the price you would definitely expect more x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are beautiful in the pan but no where near as pigmented when on the eyes. It is a little disappointing really xx

      Delete
  2. Although the colours look gorgeous, I think it's great that you were honest about your opinion of the palette. I love high end products but I do feel incredibly let down when the products are not of high quality, often the drugstore is just as good! xx

    taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Tara, premium is not always the best xx

      Delete
  3. The shades really do look stunning, its just such a shame they arent pigmented :(
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine, it's a real shame. For the price you pay you expect good quality but unfortunately it just wasn't there this time xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous palette but I'm definitely disappointed to hear the shadows are not pigmented enough and don't blend well. I would expect Bobbi Brown's palettes to be amazing. Such a shame! x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame really, but I often find this with other brands that the palettes are just not as good quality as the individual shadows xx

      Delete