01/08/2015

New Additions To The Family

So I've purchased a couple of new makeup bits over the last few weeks and wanted to give you my first impressions as I'm completely in love.

Firstly, I went into the Body Shop to pick up another Honey Bronze and ended up buying this baked bronzer in shade 01 Golden Bronze. This is such a pretty bronzer, it has a shimmery finish and is super well pigmented so a little goes a long way. It's a warm toned bronze swirled with a highlighting powder so when mixed together on your brush it creates a beautiful bronzed goddess finish adding warmth to the skin but also giving an illuminated/dewy finish. It's so buttery soft so picks up really well onto the brush and when applied to the skin it glides on effortlessly and evenly. I would honestly recommend this to everyone and anyone. Then another item I picked up from the Body Shop is this single eye shadow in shade 260 Golden Cinnamon. You know me and my rusty red shades well this is the one. I just need a nice olive/khaki shade now and then I'm sorted. This goes wonderfully with my green eyes and looks lovely when paired with browns, greens, golds and bronzes...my favourite colours. It has a golden shimmer to it and is so so buttery soft that you have to make hardly any effort when applying to the eye lid. It glides on effortlessly and looks oh so pretty when on. 

Then I got a couple of bits from Boots and Superdrug. For the eyes, I got the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pencil in shade Volcanic Bronze. This is a really creamy browny bronze shade, I have really been enjoying using this with a bronze smokey eye. It gives just the right amount of definition but isn't as harsh as a black liner. Also because it's so creamy it glides on like a dream so doesn't drag the lid at all. Another item I picked up from Maybelline is this Color Show single eye shadow in shade 23 Copper Fizz. I'm currently having a real moment with single eye shadows and this little beauty is partly why. I think with single eye shadows you get a lot more shade range because well obviously they're single so naturally you have more freedom as to which shades you pick and I always find that they're often better quality in the single form than in palette form. This particular shadow is just a whole lot of rosey coppery golden goodness. In the pan it actually looks more on the silvery side but when swatched and applied to the lids it's so rich and warm in tone. I love this. 

Then lastly, I picked up a couple of lip products. First up is this GOSH Forever Lip Shine Crayon in shade 004 Fluffy Feeling. This is a really pretty deep pink shade, it gives a lovely sheen to the lips with great pigmentation. I am really impressed with the quality of this lipstick and will definitely be picking up a couple more shades. And the last product is from Collection, it's the Cream Puff Lip Cream in shade 3 Fairy Cake, It's really creamy when first applied and gives a matte finish and is actually quite moisturising on the lips given it's a matte finish. This particular shade is a really pretty coral pink that's perfect for this time of year. 

I recently went through a bit of a stage of picking things up and then not getting on with them for one reason or another, but I think I may have passed the corner as I completely love all of these products and would highly recommend to all you lovely lot. 

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?

10 comments:

  1. Some great new little precepts in here Amanda, loving the look of that eye shadow, such a soft colour! i've been adding lots of new skincare bits to my collection lately and not so much makeup, I definitely feel a MU spree coming on! I've not tried any of the products in here but they all soundd fab!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through stages, either I'm buying loads new skincare or loads new makeup. I can see a skincare binge coming on soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh you have some lovely additions to your collection here : ) Love the Body Shop products - they are such good quality! You've made me want to go on a makeup shopping spree! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel Body Shop is underrated sometimes for makeup but it's actually really great quality xx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love the bronzers from The Body Shop, they're so pigmented! I think I may need to purchase the Maybelline Gel Pencil though - it sounds like it'd be really great to add some definition to any everyday eye look. Amazing post and amazing new additions :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it hun! Definitely worth giving it a go xx

      Delete
  4. That bronzer looks so pretty! Love a bit of shimmer for the summer for that extra glow :)

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live shimmery bronzers for summer evening xx

      Delete
  5. I have the Golden Cinnamon eyeshadow too and love it (though I'm guilty of neglecting my singles!) the bronzer looks beautiful too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete