21/08/2015

The Summer Base

So at the moment I am currently obsessed with warm, glowing and light bases. It all about a really lightweight foundation with the warmth and illumination of a fresh Summer sunkissed tan. And until I go on my Summer holiday I have had to achieve this look with products so I wanted to bring you the products that I have been using.

Firstly, I use the This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle. It's technically a tinted moisturiser so for your lucky lot that don't have dry skin you could probably use this alone as a moisturiser and primer in one but for me it isn't hydrating enough on its own so I use on top of my moisturiser/oil. It gives a lovely warm glow to the skin which is perfect for creating this type of look. It applies really easily and blends out to give an even warm tone to the skin.

Then I mix my foundation with the Soap and Glory Hocus Focus, I love this stuff. It gives a really natural subtle glow to the skin and it always gives my makeup that extra boost of radiance that I am so very craving at the moment. I have been using this recently with my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. This is a really light consistency, it blends super easy into the skin and gives that 'my skin but better' finish.

For Summer I love a light and breathable base because lets face it, no one wants to feel caked in makeup on a hot sunny day and these are the three products I have been enjoying using to create this look and finish.

Have you tried these products? What do you think of them?

8 comments:

  1. Soap & Glory Hocus Focus sounds like a really great product!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I go on about it so much on here! Xx

      Delete
  2. I adore Soap & Glory's Hocus Focus!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try hocus focus but it's constantly out of stock! I really need to get over my hatred of delivery fees and order it online.

    Laura xx
    www.shortsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, it's always in my local boots. Just order online lovely xx

      Delete